FANDOM


  • I'm curious, I mean. Can like, a Dauntless guy date an Erudite girl? Get married and have kids? And if they did, how would the kids be sorted? It's really buggin' me.

      Loading editor
    • Maybe dating when they're under 16, so they can later join the same faction. But I think it's forbidden to love someone from another faction - and if you get cought you'll become factionless.

        Loading editor
    • They are not permitted to date someone from another faction, they are to date someone from their own faction like dauntless can only date dauntless and Candor can only date Candor. So it is not allowed. They will be breaking laws.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think there are laws against dating. However, I do think that there are marriage laws preventing this sort of thing (for example, a Dauntless man would only legally be allowed to marry a dauntless women).

        Loading editor
    • I think that it's NOT permitted

      I think that the ability to do this would be weird, because it would be going against Faction before Blood, or in this case Faction before Love. 

      Stay Dauntless

      ~Cat

        Loading editor
    • QTHERESSURECTION306 wrote: I think that it's NOT permitted

      I think that the ability to do this would be weird, because it would be going against Faction before Blood, or in this case Faction before Love. 

      Stay Dauntless

      ~Cat

      While it could be illegal on the books, I can not feasibly see any way to enforce such a law.

        Loading editor
    • Big Brother 99 wrote: They are not permitted to date someone from another faction, they are to date someone from their own faction like dauntless can only date dauntless and Candor can only date Candor. So it is not allowed. They will be breaking laws.

      Like I said above, it will be breaking the law and breaking the faction Menifesto and it will be like a faction traitor.

        Loading editor
    • It's weird, heh?

      It would be easy for Erudite and Dauntless and Amity and Abnegation cause you could sneak off and not have to be truthful but it would be hard for Candor

        Loading editor
    • Big Brother 99 wrote:

      Big Brother 99 wrote: They are not permitted to date someone from another faction, they are to date someone from their own faction like dauntless can only date dauntless and Candor can only date Candor. So it is not allowed. They will be breaking laws.

      Like I said above, it will be breaking the law and breaking the faction Menifesto and it will be like a faction traitor.

      The main reason it is illegal is just that you are meant to stay in the faction your in, if your dauntless you will stay in it. If you abnegation you stay in it, and it goes the same with Erudite, Candor and Amity. So you are to remain in your faction date inside your faction and marry in your faction and have kids in your faction. But if you are caught, you will be prosecuted as a traitor to your faction and will be exiled from it or forced into factionlessness. So it will be against the law.

        Loading editor
    • CloveFoxface wrote:
      Maybe dating when they're under 16, so they can later join the same faction. But I think it's forbidden to love someone from another faction - and if you get cought you'll become factionless.

      Agreed.

        Loading editor
    • I can't remember, but weren't Tris's parents in different factions and started dating before they had to choose which factions to transfer to when they were 16?

        Loading editor
    • Erudite don't marry, they see it as illogical. Said that in faction history textbook, so I'm wondering how do they have a relationship?

        Loading editor
    • Couldn't resist, maybe?

        Loading editor
    • Big Brother 99 wrote:

      Big Brother 99 wrote:

      Big Brother 99 wrote: They are not permitted to date someone from another faction, they are to date someone from their own faction like dauntless can only date dauntless and Candor can only date Candor. So it is not allowed. They will be breaking laws.

      Like I said above, it will be breaking the law and breaking the faction Menifesto and it will be like a faction traitor.

      The main reason it is illegal is just that you are meant to stay in the faction your in, if your dauntless you will stay in it. If you abnegation you stay in it, and it goes the same with Erudite, Candor and Amity. So you are to remain in your faction date inside your faction and marry in your faction and have kids in your faction. But if you are caught, you will be prosecuted as a traitor to your faction and will be exiled from it or forced into factionlessness. So it will be against the law.

      The people that are in factions, have to marry and have kids to have more people in factions and more people that have the choice to choose whatever faction they choose. But they are not aloud to marry to other factions, it is a criminal act.

        Loading editor
    • Wouldn't also increase the chance of the kid being divergent?

        Loading editor
    • Ctar007 wrote:
      Wouldn't also increase the chance of the kid being divergent?


      Good point.

        Loading editor
    • I agree that there would be laws against it, but that does not mean it would be unheard of.

      I can absolutely see faction members deciding to date members from other factions, possibly doing so in secrecy so as to avoid punishment.

        Loading editor
    • I think that under 16 it'll be "allowed", but after the choosing ceremony you either have to go to the same faction or you can't be together (This is what I think; mainly got this idea from Natalie and Andrew Prior :p )

        Loading editor
    • 101.170.127.230 wrote: It's weird, heh?

      It would be easy for Erudite and Dauntless and Amity and Abnegation cause you could sneak off and not have to be truthful but it would be hard for Candor

      Not if they are transfers tho I reckon if someone lied they wouldn't tell the difference

        Loading editor
    • I just posted a similar question about Factions intermingling. Someone here mentioned it's forbidden. Well, some Factions would be attracted to this situation BECAUSE it's forbidden. I could easily imagine a Dauntless doing something like this... just because it IS forbidden... and probably dangerous. A Dauntless could probably easily overpower somebody from a weaker Faction and convince the weaker person they were meant to be together. So, maybe affairs DID happen occasionally between Factions, but not marriages. Women of one Faction could have had children fathered by men of another Faction. Nobody would know for sure.

      Plus, if you asked a girl if she'd rather date a Dauntless over the other Factions, I think most girls would choose the Dauntless guy. The ladies like a bad guy. Abnegation would be too much of a pushover; Amity, always happy with their head up in a cloud; Erudite, too much of a smarty-pants; Candor, way too brutally honest. Can you imagine a girl asking her Candor boyfriend, "Honey, does this outfit make my butt look too big?" That relationship would end with disaster. Most girls would choose to date the Dauntless guy.

      Also, what if somebody were gay in Dauntless? Amar was gay. What if he couldn't find another gay guy in Dauntless. Just say that George was in Abnegation. The two come across each other and meet. They become friends... then slowly something more serious develops. They wouldn't marry - but they'd definitely be having a secret love affair. So, I would guess things like this DID occasionally happen.

        Loading editor
    • TwilightReaderFan wrote:
      I just posted a similar question about Factions intermingling. Someone here mentioned it's forbidden. Well, some Factions would be attracted to this situation BECAUSE it's forbidden. I could easily imagine a Dauntless doing something like this... just because it IS forbidden... and probably dangerous. A Dauntless could probably easily overpower somebody from a weaker Faction and convince the weaker person they were meant to be together. So, maybe affairs DID happen occasionally between Factions, but not marriages. Women of one Faction could have had children fathered by men of another Faction. Nobody would know for sure.

      Plus, if you asked a girl if she'd rather date a Dauntless over the other Factions, I think most girls would choose the Dauntless guy. The ladies like a bad guy. Abnegation would be too much of a pushover; Amity, always happy with their head up in a cloud; Erudite, too much of a smarty-pants; Candor, way too brutally honest. Can you imagine a girl asking her Candor boyfriend, "Honey, does this outfit make my butt look too big?" That relationship would end with disaster. Most girls would choose to date the Dauntless guy.

      Also, what if somebody were gay in Dauntless? Amar was gay. What if he couldn't find another gay guy in Dauntless. Just say that George was in Abnegation. The two come across each other and meet. They become friends... then slowly something more serious develops. They wouldn't marry - but they'd definitely be having a secret love affair. So, I would guess things like this DID occasionally happen.

      About the thing girls would rather date a guy from Dauntless, I disagree. You chose a faction because it suits you. Don't you want a partner to have something in common? Something you can share? If you are e.g. smart you want to date someone on your own level? As on high school you (I at least) make friends easier than on primary school because you are on the same level 

        Loading editor
    • 81.207.90.33 wrote:

      TwilightReaderFan wrote:
      I just posted a similar question about Factions intermingling. Someone here mentioned it's forbidden. Well, some Factions would be attracted to this situation BECAUSE it's forbidden. I could easily imagine a Dauntless doing something like this... just because it IS forbidden... and probably dangerous. A Dauntless could probably easily overpower somebody from a weaker Faction and convince the weaker person they were meant to be together. So, maybe affairs DID happen occasionally between Factions, but not marriages. Women of one Faction could have had children fathered by men of another Faction. Nobody would know for sure.

      Plus, if you asked a girl if she'd rather date a Dauntless over the other Factions, I think most girls would choose the Dauntless guy. The ladies like a bad guy. Abnegation would be too much of a pushover; Amity, always happy with their head up in a cloud; Erudite, too much of a smarty-pants; Candor, way too brutally honest. Can you imagine a girl asking her Candor boyfriend, "Honey, does this outfit make my butt look too big?" That relationship would end with disaster. Most girls would choose to date the Dauntless guy.

      Also, what if somebody were gay in Dauntless? Amar was gay. What if he couldn't find another gay guy in Dauntless. Just say that George was in Abnegation. The two come across each other and meet. They become friends... then slowly something more serious develops. They wouldn't marry - but they'd definitely be having a secret love affair. So, I would guess things like this DID occasionally happen.

      About the thing girls would rather date a guy from Dauntless, I disagree. You chose a faction because it suits you. Don't you want a partner to have something in common? Something you can share? If you are e.g. smart you want to date someone on your own level? As on high school you (I at least) make friends easier than on primary school because you are on the same level 

      In the Divergent (trilogy) society dating from other Factions is a breach of laws and it is a clear violation of brig factions laws. Like if an Abnegation women and a Dauntless man started to date, it would be breaking both factions laws. Like they would be forced to be factionless or would be executed for breaking the laws of each faction.

      It is the same with if an Erudite man and a Candor female started to date, it would be a clear violation of the decrees stated by the both factions. In Candor it would be to them a lie and the female would be kicked out of that faction for being untruthful or the factions laws and the Erudite man would be the same.

      Again it would be the same if an Amity female and a Dauntless man were to date! it would be violating the laws and they would yet again it would be Unpeaceful and cowardice to start off a war between the factions if this were to occur. So at the end of the day, it would be very unwise for people to start dating from other factions as it would be a clear violation of laws and rules and decrees in each faction.

      So in fact, if you read the manifestos you can see the laws and rules stating this fact. So I hope this can be finally an ending to this topic.

        Loading editor
    • Can you imagine a girl asking her Candor boyfriend, "Honey, does this outfit make my butt look too big?" That relationship would end with disaster.

      easy solution: DON'T ASK!


      And I read the manifestos, and they where all talking about there own faction, not about relation ships with other factions.

        Loading editor
    • Big Brother 99 wrote:

      81.207.90.33 wrote:

      TwilightReaderFan wrote:
      I just posted a similar question about Factions intermingling. Someone here mentioned it's forbidden. Well, some Factions would be attracted to this situation BECAUSE it's forbidden. I could easily imagine a Dauntless doing something like this... just because it IS forbidden... and probably dangerous. A Dauntless could probably easily overpower somebody from a weaker Faction and convince the weaker person they were meant to be together. So, maybe affairs DID happen occasionally between Factions, but not marriages. Women of one Faction could have had children fathered by men of another Faction. Nobody would know for sure.

      Plus, if you asked a girl if she'd rather date a Dauntless over the other Factions, I think most girls would choose the Dauntless guy. The ladies like a bad guy. Abnegation would be too much of a pushover; Amity, always happy with their head up in a cloud; Erudite, too much of a smarty-pants; Candor, way too brutally honest. Can you imagine a girl asking her Candor boyfriend, "Honey, does this outfit make my butt look too big?" That relationship would end with disaster. Most girls would choose to date the Dauntless guy.

      Also, what if somebody were gay in Dauntless? Amar was gay. What if he couldn't find another gay guy in Dauntless. Just say that George was in Abnegation. The two come across each other and meet. They become friends... then slowly something more serious develops. They wouldn't marry - but they'd definitely be having a secret love affair. So, I would guess things like this DID occasionally happen.

      About the thing girls would rather date a guy from Dauntless, I disagree. You chose a faction because it suits you. Don't you want a partner to have something in common? Something you can share? If you are e.g. smart you want to date someone on your own level? As on high school you (I at least) make friends easier than on primary school because you are on the same level 

      In the Divergent (trilogy) society dating from other Factions is a breach of laws and it is a clear violation of the factions laws. Like if an Abnegation women and a Dauntless man started to date, it would be breaking both factions laws. Like they would be forced to be factionless or would be executed for breaking the laws of each faction.

      It is the same with if an Erudite man and a Candor female started to date, it would be a clear violation of the decrees stated by the both factions. In Candor it would be to them a lie and the female would be kicked out of that faction for being untruthful or the factions laws and the Erudite man would be the same.

      Again it would be the same if an Amity female and a Dauntless man were to date! it would be violating the laws and they would yet again it would be Unpeaceful and cowardice to start off a war between the factions if this were to occur. So at the end of the day, it would be very unwise for people to start dating from other factions as it would be a clear violation of laws and rules and decrees in each faction.

      So in fact, if you read the manifestos you can see the laws and rules stating this fact. So I hope this can be finally an ending to this topic.

      But if you re-read the stuff I wrote above it would make things better.

        Loading editor
    • But what about Trises mom

        Loading editor
    • can someone post evidence to where in the novel it specifically says this.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message